You may want to connect with all kinds of people and that’s fine. However, when it’s time to allow people in your life, be careful who you grant access to. Though you can’t always be sure, you can certainly know the signs.
– Choose someone who does not get quiet when you get blessed.
– Choose people that help complete you, not compete with you.
– Choose the ones that are the same, whether they are with you or with others.
– Choose someone that can disagree with you without getting mad at you.
– Choose people that will stand behind you and not stab you in the back.
– Don’t assume because they’re family, that it qualifies them as a great friend.
– Choose someone that can listen as good as they can talk.
– Choose people that will never negotiate their loyalty and love.
The ones on my list are few and far between. It will take several years to complete this, but the handful of friends you end up with over time, will be worth everything you invested to have them in your life.